Tabs

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nursery Time

Sometimes there are people in the world that think they are doing you a favor, and are really not. They actually just made your life harder. This happened to me this week when our landlord decided to be "nice" and put in new carpet. Unfortunately, he put in HOT PINK carpet in the baby's room. He insisted on the color because "it was his wife's favorite color"...and also because "it is my gift to your little baby girl." What do you say to this 94 year old man who thinks he's being kind. Little does he know that I LOATHE pink. Nothing in my nursery is pink. Sad day. Thankfully, I have a husband who can help me laugh about it, and a friend who takes me to Bed Bath and Beyond an hour later to find an area rug to cover it. I have a good life.

This is the pink carpet, next to the kitchen floor. Lime green and hot pink. Heather so kindly put it as a beautiful watermelon collection.



My friends Heather and Camille helped me put a lovely wall decal up.





It's a bird theme, if you haven't noticed. My baby girl is a Crane...a bird...get it? Yes?



At my baby shower in Cali, my little cousin, Audrey, made me a beautiful blanket for her Young Women's project. Brought tears to my eyes when I found it and saw that there were little patches of pink to tie my nursery together with my new, awesome carpet. I love you Auds. You can also see the area rug I bought to cover most of the carpet.



This was Diego and Alec's cradle and I think it is just perfect. I love it. Thanks Mole and Mer for letting me borrow it. I hope your boys didn't throw up and fart in it too much. My baby girl won't do that kind of stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Aww baby fifis mama! Haha i love u crane family! Thank u for everything u have done for me!

    Love ur favorite cousin,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you know that pink and green are back in style? Especially that funky green laminate. Too AWESOME.

    Christin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The walls look really cool! So sorry about the hot pink. You really should embrace it. Girls LOVE pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for torturing your mind with the thought of it being a watermelon combo. It's pretty though....Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that is funniest, sweetest, and stinkiest thing I have ever heard! That cracks me up. I really like the hot pink carpet though! You can totally rock that!

    ReplyDelete